Proper Mold inspection is a vital investment in the health of the students and staff in schools nowadays. there are some toxic molds that can cause health problems for children, teachers, and school faculty. A mold-free school reduces student and staff health problems and increases their productivity.
Now the main question is that where can you find molds in schools? Different types of mold have lots of colors and are pretty tough to recognize. It can hide in all places where water is found. You can find molds in every crowded place with high traffic like schools .there are some critical areas which are more exposed to molds, including:
- HVAC systems or air conditioners : that are not adequately maintained can cause enough moisture for mold growths.
- Carpets : spilled by children with milk, food, or clue is another area that is more exposed to mold growths. For example, when children lay down on the carpets during nap time, they may be exposed to mold and its effects.
- Libraries : a part of children’s time spent in libraries, so a school district should ensure parents about the health safety of their child. The section is responsible for making a suitable clean place for deep study and research without mold exposure.
- gym rooms: are where molds can grow very fast .so an air conditioner and proper ventilation are vital to avoid any health problem.
- classrooms: children spend more time in classrooms than in other rooms, so if they don’t clean up the classrooms correctly, it can create many further health problems exposed to mold.
- hallways: like every crowded place, hallways are supposed to expose mold growth if it isn’t noticeable.
It’s almost impossible to know that a school doesn’t have mold. So, mold testing is the only way to get the answers you need.
Want a mold-free school? Look for more information now!
When do schools need a professional mold inspection?
Mold removal and inspection are essential for a school district to keep its backgrounds on top .its necessary to spend time and money on a potential problem before it becomes an impenetrable issue. However, if you’re head or leadership of a school, you should consider training your personnel who have enough knowledge on every point.
Considering various factors would be helpful to know the importance of mold inspection. Suppose your child has the symptom of toxic mold allergy; what would be the best action in this situation? First, you should ensure that the symptoms go beyond the simple flu or cold. Sometimes it can be just a cold. So how do you can determine if your child has a cold, the flu, seasonal allergies, or a mold allergy? Many symptoms are the same, so it’s not easy to determine. there are some signs of a mold allergy, and symptoms of mold exposure include:
- Sneezing, runny or stuffy nose
- Itchy eyes, nose, and throat
- Cough and postnasal drip
- Watery eyes
All these signs could cause a severe health problem if they don’t determine quickly, so a school district needs to keep its eyes on students’ health. In addition to assessing students’ and staff’s health complaints, reviewing the moisture of the building and also the building walkaround is the component you should most consider.
To put it simply, parents and school administers should work together to create mold-free schools with high safety and a healthy learning environment. Luckily, most mold cases have a solution to cure if you know when a mold testing specialist is required; thus, you need mold investigation regularly to reduce mold exposure in school.
What to do if a school needs mold remediation?
If you found molds in the school, it’s prevalent to be confused about what to do exactly and where to start. The best action is to call a mold remediation company or a specialist. An excerpt can help you solve the unwanted problem completely and gives some essential tips which parents and school occults should put together to do. Here are some suggestion for reducing mold growth in schools which includes:
- Reduce Indoor Humidity: control humidity level by air conditioners and provide ventilation to maintain indoor humidity levels. in food services areas use fans during dishwashing or cooking
- Inspection for a sign of mold, moisture, leaks, or spills: Look for water stains, check moldy odors, inspect bathrooms for water stains
- Take action promptly when you see signs of moisture and mold: Fix the source of the water problem or leak quickly, for example, replacing the absorbing material such as ceiling moldy tiles
- Prevent moisture condensation: by adding insulation on cold surfaces like windows, pipes
- Floor and carpet cleaning
In closing, Moisture problems and mold in schools are associated with delayed maintenance or insufficient maintenance due to low budget. So, it is helpful to observe safety tips to prevent mold from growing.
Important question during mold inspection in schools
There are some critical questions that a mold professional should ask students and staff in schools during mold testing, including :
- Irritation of eyes, nose, and throat when they are in school
- Allergies, sneezing, itching, watery eyes
- Asthma that recently diagnosed by a doctor
- Inflammatory lung diseases like hypersensitivity pneumonitis associated with mold exposure
- Frequent or chronic facetious diseases
If students and school staff had all these signs during the last year, it could be an alarm to act immediately. Yes, mold can threaten somebody’s life if not be cured when expected. So don’t take the risk anymore; help yourself by hiring a certified mold inspector or mold testing company to inspect mold regularly.
Mold remediation and testing are necessary as mold damage results in high-traffic places like schools. The important fact is if you find mold in school or have a doubt about having it, it’s time to get rid of this unpleasant guest without delay and briskly.
DKI mold inspectors in Irvine go above and beyond taking care of the problem. Don’t worry anymore; our mold inspection & testing professionals assist you in bringing back a healthy environment in your school like before.
Take quick action and skip mold growth by hiring an expert team. Instead, get free estimates at the most competitive prices and efficient services now.
Seeking a mold removal service? See our services.
1-RTK Environmental Group. (?). Parents: Is There Mold In Your Child’s School?
2-EPA, United States Environmental Protection Agency. (?)Mold and Indoor Air Quality in Schools